National units of competency
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
- RIIRIS201E – Conduct Local Risk Control
- MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
- MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
- RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces
Application and Relevance
This course is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections. This course includes comprehensive training in gas detection, breathing apparatus and the setting up of fall arrest and rescue equipment. The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s confined space operations. It is designed to teach participants how to identify confined space hazards, how to work safely within confined spaces according to an issued permit and how to operate various confined space safety equipment.
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to enter confined spaces.
Topics include and are not limited to all those covered in the 1 day course plus:
- OHS/WHS legislation overview concerning risk assessments
- Assessing and applying procedures for confined space entry
- Permit Roles and responsibilities
- Risk identification and assessment
- Control measure suitability and risk reduction
- Confirming entry permit meets regulatory requirements
- Development of the emergency response procedures
- Legal Requirements of the standby person
- Challenge testing and function checks of the appropriate gas detection instrument and monitoring of the vessel
- Preparation, pre-use and operation checks, correct use, problem recognition, after-use maintenance and cleaning of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Understanding of and the ability to initiate incident/emergency response plan.
Training conducted by experienced confined space and rescue specialists
Up to 16 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
There are no prerequisite units. Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System. It is recommended that participants contact Zokal prior to their course if they have any concerns about their ability to complete the training.
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Students are required to wear CLEAN clothing appropriate for the workplace and CLEAN covered shoes. Students are required to wear a hard hat and gloves during practical components of this course. Please bring them with you on the day.
All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Students are required to wear a hard hat and gloves during practical components of this course. Please bring them with you on the day.
Please select your course date.
|Start Date||Classes||Units||Location||Places left||Cost|
|Wed 6th Dec 2023 at 7:00AM||2 classes||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $484.00||Apply|
|Mon 11th Dec 2023 at 7:00AM||2 classes||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $484.00||Apply|
|Wed 20th Dec 2023 at 7:00AM||2 classes||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $484.00||Apply|
|Mon 25th Mar 2024 at 7:00AM||2 classes||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $484.00||Apply|